A knitting machine is a device that is used to create knitted fabrics and clothes in a semi or fully automated fashion. The Addi Knitting Machine is a cheaper version of a full blown knitting machine, and in this review, I am going to tell you a bit about the Addi Knitting Machine.
I used to own a knitting machine before I got too busy with my teaching work, and I was addicted to making and selling cute baby outfits. I would love to get back into it again, and the Addi Knitting Machine below is something I am definitely going to purchase next time my brother comes to visit from America. After having a go on my friends Addi, and seeing how easy it was so easy to use I just can’t wait to acquire my own. The price is also great, especially if you can’t afford a more expensive knitting machine.
Having an addi lets you have a knitting machine without the high price tag, and it is a lot smaller than a conventional machine, which makes storing simple.
There are two types of Addi Knitting Machines on the market at the moment:
addi Express King Size Knitting Machine and addi Express Knitting Machine
To find out more about the machines, and which addi Knitting Machine will be better for you, simply click on the blue links or on the pictures of the machines.
This is the original addi Express Knitting Machine and has 22 needles. It is great for creating scarves, ponchos, pillow covers and afghans. You can be knitting in minutes on the Addi Express! Just crank and watch your creations grow before your eyes.
- The addi-Express Professional features 22 needles
- Circular knitted items – Ø 10 to 15 cm (4″ to 6″)
- Plain knitted items – 15 to 20 cm (6″ to 8″) wide
- You can use just about all kinds of yarns, recommended yarn thickness 3.5 – 8
- Designed and manufactured in Germany to exacting standards and using finest materials available
All addi knitting needles are manufactured to exact metric sizes. Please Note: Every addi product purchased from an authorised addi Dealer comes with a Lifetime Warranty from any manufacturer’s defect.
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 6 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5 pounds
- ASIN: B004HS7T7S
- Item model number: 8902
- Average Customer Review: out of 152 customer reviews.
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #32,738 in Home and Kitchen and #36 in Arts, Crafts and Sewing.
- This addi Knitting Machine comes with 46 needles which is more than twice the number of the original Addi Express, allowing for larger knitted pieces and projects.
- Knit in minutes on the Addi Express; just crank and watch your creations grow before your eyes – simply amazing!
- Contains 5 replacement pins, 1 threading tool and 4 feel 2 clampers.
- Designed and built in Germany to exacting standards and using finest materials available.
- Lifetime Guarantee from any manufacturer defects.
Features of the Addi Knitting Machine – This Includes Both The Above Models
With the new Addi Knitting Machine, you can enjoy making even larger knitted items and more possibilities.
The Addi-Express “Kingsize” model is mounted onto the table and remains securely in position. Simply turn the ideally placed handle and the “Kingsize” will begin to turn.
With the 46 sturdy pins, you will be knitting trendy scarves and woolly hats within a matter of minutes and you will be knitting smart stolls and jumpers within a few hours. This is great for anybody who wants to knit for profit.
All of the pins have a number so that they can be simply accelerated and decelerated and the electronic row counter enables work to be carried out with precision.
The addi Knitting Machine does circular knitting best, but can also make flat panels.
There are many books and accessories available to compliment your addi Knitting Machine.
Please Note: Every Addi product purchased from an Authorized Addi Dealer comes with a Lifetime guarantee from any manufacturer’s defect.
Check out the video above to see how you can make a hoodie in 30 minutes or less on the Addi Knitting Machine.
Q & A
Check out the video above to see how you can knit a flat panel on the Addi Express Kingsize Knitting Machine
“I have to say that I am extremely impressed, and it has been worth every dollar spent. They even throw in extra needles in case any break, although I can’t even think how you would break one, they’re that sturdy.”
For a cheaper option or a kids version of a knitting machine, you can try the Singer Knitting Machine.