What Is An Addi Knitting Machine?
If you have been knitting for a while, you would have no doubt heard about the amazing Addi Knitting Machine.
A knitting machine is a device that is used to create knitted fabrics and clothes in a semi or fully automated fashion. Using a knitting machine of any kind is far faster than knitting by hand, and owning a machine is ideal for people who do knitting for profit, knit for charity, or simply knit a lot.
The Addi Knitting Machine is a cheaper version of a full-blown knitting machine, and in this review, I am going to tell you a bit about the Addi Knitting Machine and how it works.
I used to own an Ultimate Sweater Knitting Machine before I got too busy with my teaching work, and I was addicted to making and selling cute baby outfits. I also owned an Empisal, but just found the smaller machine a lot simpler to operate.
I would love to get back into it again, and the Addi Knitting Machine below is something I am definitely going to purchase next time my brother comes to visit from America. After having a go on my friends Addi, and seeing how easy it was to use I just can’t wait to acquire my own. The price is also great, especially if you can’t afford a more expensive knitting machine.
Having an Addi Knitting Machine lets you have a knitting machine without the high price tag, and it is a lot smaller than a conventional machine, which makes storing it simple.
The Addi is based on loom knitting, and you could call it a loom knitting machine.
Even people who only have one arm or arthritis in their hands can also enjoy knitting again using one of the addi Express knitting machine models.
addi Express King Size Knitting Machine and the Addi Express Knitting Machine
To find out more about the machines, and which Addi Knitting Machine will be better for you, simply click on the blue links or on the pictures of the machines.
Addi has also recently bought out new and improved versions of their existing machines which I have included below.
New Improved Version Of addi Express Professional Knitting Machine Extended Edition With Improved Row Counter, Pattern Book, Express Hook, Replacement Needles and 2 Stopper
- This is the brand new improved version of the addi Express Professional Knitting Machine with the new and improved mechanical row counter.
- Released in August 2018!
- Knitting is super easy and comfortable with the addiExpress. Quickly knit flat or round – just turn the handle! Even beginners will be able to knit scarves, patchwork, pullovers, and vests, as well as gauntlets for the arms and legs.
- This machine knits smaller items.
- The addi-Express Professional features 22 needles, Circular knitted items – Ø 10 to 15 cm (4″ to 6″), Plain knitted items – 15 to 20 cm (6″ to 8″) wide.
- The Set Contains addiExpress Professional Knitting Machine, Pattern Book, Hook, Replacement Needles 5 Pack, 1 threading tool, 2 stoppers, 4 feet, and 2 clampers.
- The Pattern Book “Turbo-Knitting 2” contains detailed Instructions and 16 patterns that can be created easily even by non-knitters. The new addiExpress Hook especially well suited for working with the addiExpress machines or for use with complex knitting and crocheting techniques.
“I’m so pleased with my new AddiExpress Turbo. It is quiet and efficient and most importantly easy to learn and use!”
New Improved Version Of Addi Express Kingsize Extended Edition With Improved Mechanical Row Counter: Knitting Machine, Pattern Book, Express Hook, Replacement Needles, Stopper
- This is the brand new improved version of the addi King Size Extended Edition that you see below, with a new and improved mechanical row counter.
- Released September 2018!
- Even more possibilities, even larger knitted pieces, even more, knitting fun with the addi Express Kingsize. With its larger diameter, you can create even more personalized knitted pieces with a few turns of the hand.
- This machine has 46 needles.
- The Set Contains: Knitting Machine including 5 replacement needles, 1 threading tool, 2 stoppers, 4 feet, 2 clampers
- The brand new addiExpress Kingsize Pattern Book “Winding instead of Knitting”. The new addiExpress Hook especially well suited for working with the addiExpress machines or for use with complex knitting and crocheting techniques.
- Made in Germany, so you know its quality workmanship.
“I looked at the knitting machine in the box for a while before I attempted to use it.
I love to crochet and never wanted to learn how to knit. Since I only know how to crochet, I felt a disadvantage in trying to use the machine and procrastinated.
I had to play with the machine for a while to get used to it. I put yarn on and then had to take it off because of either dropped stitches (not the machines fault) or not knowing how to take off the yarn when finished.
Learning to take the yarn off the machine without the project unraveling was a challenge but thanks to YouTube, I figured it out. :))
I now love the machine”. It makes beautiful scarves. I made a scarf for my daughter and she said the scarf looked store bought. I used Lion Brand Scarfie yarn.
The machine is very well made and worth the price. I look forward to branching out beyond scarves to knit. I am hoping that in the future the manufacturer makes a plain straight knitting machine to go with this round one. That would be nice for bigger projects.”
And then our old favorites – still very popular.
This is the original Addi Express Knitting Machine and is smaller than the king-sized version.
It has 22 needles and is great for creating scarves, ponchos, pillow covers and afghans. You can be knitting in minutes on the Addi Express! Just crank and watch your creations grow before your eyes.
- The Addi-Express Professional knitting machine features 22 needles.
- Circular knitted items – Ø 10 to 15 cm (4″ to 6″).
- Plain knitted items – 15 to 20 cm (6″ to 8″) wide.
- You can use just about all kinds of yarns, but the recommended yarn thickness is 3.5 – 8.
- Designed and manufactured in Germany to exacting standards and using the finest materials available.
All Addi knitting needles are manufactured to exact metric sizes. Please Note: Every Addi product purchased from an authorized Addi Dealer comes with a Lifetime Warranty from any manufacturer’s defect.
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 6 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5 pounds
- ASIN: B004HS7T7S
- Item model number: 8902
- Average Customer Review: out of 152 customer reviews.
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #32,738 in Home and Kitchen and #36 in Arts, Crafts, and Sewing.
- This Addi Knitting Machine comes with 46 needles which is more than twice the number of the original Addi Express, allowing for larger knitted pieces and projects.
- Knit in minutes on the Addi Express; just crank and watch your creations grow before your eyes – simply amazing!
- Contains 5 replacement pins, 1 threading tool and 4 feel 2 clampers.
- Designed and built in Germany to exacting standards and using the finest materials available.
- Lifetime Guarantee from any manufacturer defects.
Features of the Addi Knitting Machine – This Includes All Of The Above Models
With the king-sized Addi Knitting Machine, you can enjoy making even larger knitted items and thus more possibilities.
The Addi-Express “Kingsize” model is mounted on the table and remains securely in position while cranking.
This is done with your bare hands, with no need for a power drill set.
With the 46 sturdy pins, you will be knitting trendy scarves and wooly hats within a matter of minutes and you will be knitting smart stols and jumpers within a few hours. This is great for anybody who wants to knit for profit or even just knit for family and friends.
All of the pins have a number and there is an electronic row counter which enables work to be carried out with precision.
The addi Knitting Machine does circular knitting best, but can also make flat panels.
There are many books and accessories available to compliment your new Addi Knitting Machine.
Please Note: Every Addi product purchased from an Authorized Addi Dealer comes with a Lifetime guarantee from any manufacturer’s defect.
Check out the video above to see how you can make a hoodie in 30 minutes or less on the Addi Knitting Machine.
Q & A
Check out the video above to see how you can knit a flat panel on the Addi Express Kingsize Knitting Machine
“I have to say that I am extremely impressed, and it has been worth every dollar spent. They even throw in extra needles in case any break, although I can’t even think how you would break one, they’re that sturdy.”
For a cheaper option or a kids version of a knitting machine, you can try the Singer Knitting Machine.