This post may contain affiliate links. If you decide to purchase a product I will get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
What Is The Sentro Knitting Machine
With the Sentro Knitting Machine, you can discover the delights of knitting in an easy way! This is loom knitting at it’s fastest. The Sentro Knitting Machine is a loom knitting machine that makes the process of knitting that much faster than doing it by hand.
You can knit your own scarves, hats, and even a sweater with this knitting machine in a jiffy. Just thread the yarn into the spindles and turn the crank to start knitting.
This machine comes in various sizes, and the biggest one is actually bigger than my favourite machine (The Addi Express Kingsize). I haven’t seen one yet that is bigger, so this may suit a lot of people.
The one below has 48 needles. The Addi Express Kingsize has only 46, and although you don’t think it can make a big difference, that little bit extra width in thick wool can make an item just that much wider. Also If you have 48 needles you can do more even ribbing patterns as 48 divides into a lot more numbers than 46 does.
So Does The Sentro Knitting Machine Compare Well With The Addi Express?
I must be honest here. If you have experience with an Addi Knitting Machine, you will be able to tell that the Addi is currently the best loom knitting machine on the market at the moment. It is just smoother to handle, cranks well and is a lot more sturdy.
The Sentro is a great knitting machine if you are a beginner and you don’t want to fork out a fortune for your new machine before you know whether you will use it or not.
There are both good and bad reviews on the Sentro Knitting Machine. Most agree it is a pretty good machine, but just not as strong and sturdy as the Addi and it has some subtle differences.
But remember that Addi has been making knitting machines since 1829. That being said, the manufacturer’s products are of a very high standard, the addiExpress Professional Extended Edition included.
Furthermore, the Addi professional knitting machine can be used by beginners as well as by pros. It is for this reasons that the machine is loved by many.
Sentro Knitting Machine Features
The Sentro has a built in analogue row counter counter, which comes with the machine, so you don’t need to go out and purchase one separately.
There are three different tension settings for different wool thickneses. However some people don’t use this feature, prefering to let the wool slide through their fingers.
Like the Addi this machine can do tubular or panel knitting which is great for knitting a variety of different patterns.
The yarn that you can use with this machine varies, from DK to double knit to builky which is great. They do give you yarn with the machine, but it is not the best quality yarn, and you will probably get the best results with a DK worsted yarn.
There are suction caps at the bottom of the legs to help to keep the knitting machine stable. The legs in my opinion could be a bit stronger.
It is a bit noisey in comparisson with some of its competitors when cranking the machine. It is also not always smooth going, but the results are great as the knitting is even and looks good.
Different Models That Can Be Purchased Online
Knitting Machine, Smart Weaver Knitting Round Loom, Knitting Board Rotating Double Knit Loom Machine, 22 Needles Knitting Loom Machines Weaving Loom Kit for Sock, Hat, Pumpkin
- This fun little Sentro Knitting Machine has only 22 needles and is a very practical toy! Y
- It’s super easy to use: Create a flat or round stitch in seconds with hand crank operation. Just thread the yarn into the spindles and turn the crank to knit your very own masterpieces.
- Perfect for beginner knitters. Knit your own cool fashion accessories like hats, scarves, socks and leg warmers! And make a gift to your parents and friends.
- This knitting kit machine can help you quickly weave a scarf or hat and save you time. And parents will enjoy this machine just as much as the children.
- It comes with discs to make pom poms.
Knitting Machine, Smart Weaving Loom Knitting Round Loom, Knitting Board Rotating Double Knit Loom Machine, 40 Needles Knitting Loom Machines Weaving Loom Kit for Adults and Kids
- This fun knitting machine is a bit bitter with 40 needles and is a very practical toy! You can really weave what you want!
- Easy to create a flat or round knitted piece in seconds with hand crank operation. Just thread the yarn into the spindles and turn the crank to knit your very own masterpieces.
- Perfect for beginner knitters. Knit your own cool fashion accessories like hats, scarves, socks and leg warmers!
- Makes a great gift for both adults and kids alike.
Knitting Machine, 48 Needles Knitting Loom Machine with Row Counter, Smart Weaving Loom Knitting Round Loom, Knitting Board Rotating Double Knit Loom Machine Kit for Adults and Kids
This knitting machine is the same as the two above, but just has 48 needles, which is the biggest loom knitting machine that I have come across so far.
All in all, I would say this looks like an ok machine that does the job, and is ideal for beginners wanting to test the waters of machine loom knitting. This is also a great gift for crafty kids.