In this article, I would like to introduce some more embellishments in scrapbooking and introduce using jewelry to you.
If you need to purchase some jewelry, the set below is well priced and a great asset to any scrapbooking kit.
Wholesale Bulk Lots Jewelry Making Silver Charms Mixed Smooth Tibetan Silver Metal Charms Pendants DIY for Necklace Bracelet Jewelry Making and Crafting, JIALEEY 100 PCS
- Material: Alloy, Metal.
- Package includes 100 pieces.
- Size: 0.28-0.98 inch (0.7-2.5 cm).
- Exquisite and classical design charms. They can be used in all kinds of decoration.
- Perfect for a necklace, bracelet, dangle, scrapbooking project, keychain, keyring, sweater chain, anklet, cellphone decorative accessories, scrapbooking etc.
- Best choice for jewelry DIY.
As you can see you can buy cheap jewelry online like the charms above or you can also think of amazing ways to display all those unworn necklaces, broaches, earrings or family heirlooms you have lying about.
If you prefer to buy jewelry for your layouts, larger craft shops will also stock costume jewelry items specially made for scrapbooking.
You could also hunt around in second-hand shops or jumble sales, where you will find plenty of bits and bobs that will make great embellishments for your scrapbook pages.
You can even use broken jewelry that can’t be worn anymore.
Embellishments In Scrapbooking – How To Use Jewelry
Here are some ways to use jewelry embellishments in scrapbooking:
- Have you thought about using charms – the kind that you find on charm bracelets? Just remove the jump rings with a pair of long-nosed pliers and you have very ornate ready-made embellishments.
- Try using the closures or clasps from chains and necklaces like the ones below which can be purchased online. They can be quite ornate and be attached to your pages using fibers, ribbon or embroidery thread. They can also make a nice finishing touch as a closure on a mini booklet.
- Use your old chains to link your embellishments together on a page, or for threading through eyelets. You can also obtain chains rather cheaply by buying them per meter in some stores.
- Remove the backs from your old broaches with a craft knife. Some of them are very pretty and can be used with a great appeal on your pages. Remember you might need to sandpaper the backings to get them smooth so that they can lie flat.
- Don’t forget about your old earrings, as these are small and by removing the backs they can be used in a multitude of ways. The smaller ones can even be used in the same way you would use a brat.
- Try experimenting by using paint and embossing fluid, or even try a little heat embossing with the appropriate colored powder to give your jewelry a different look.
- Remember not to stick the jewelry directly onto your photo’s or the photo’s may get damaged over time if the jewelry has acid in it.
All in all, there are many scrapbooking ideas and solutions in which you can use your old and unused jewelry to add some sparkle and uniqueness to your scrapbooking pages.
How To Make Money From Your Scrapbooking Hobby
If you love scrapbooking, did you know that you can make money from your hobby?
There is nothing better than being able to make money from something that you are passionate about.
Please comment below if you have any other scrapbooking ideas and solutions in which you can use your old and unused jewelry to add some sparkle and uniqueness to your scrapbooking pages.