Are you looking for knitting for kids accessories and products to make the process of teaching your child or grandchild to knit more fun?
Learning to knit and crochet is fun, creative, and benefits children in a variety of ways. Many teachers and doctors attest that knitting improves children’s fine motor coordination, and benefits their math, comprehension, planning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
There is a whole range of stuff out there that can make the process of knitting for kids a fun and creative hobby.
I have listed them below. If you would like to find out more about any of the products on offer, simply click on the link or on the picture.
Knitting For Kids Products
Children love to knit—plus it’s a must for any Brownie or Girl Scout who wants to earn her badge.
From dolls to doll blankets, scarves to backpacks, the 20 projects in this fun, colorfully illustrated collection are especially geared towards knitting for kids. The easy-to-follow lessons proceed logically from very basic to more advanced skills, so youngsters can keep on learning as they work.
Kids will learn how to read patterns; cast on and do simple stitches; bind off; darn in the ends; make tassels, fringes, and pom-poms; sew on a snap fastener; join a new ball of yarn, and more. It won’t be long before the youngest knitters are completing a headband, cat toy, teddy bear puppet, and drawstring purse.
This book is recommended for children from the age of 8 to 14 years of age.
Beloved knitting instructor Susan B. Anderson presents her first book targeted at a young audience. T
This accessible introduction to knitting in the round includes easy-to-follow illustrated tutorials on techniques from casting on and binding off to joining colors to make stripes.
The book begins with infinity scarves and hats and builds up to knitting toys and decor using 17 progressively challenging knitting projects.
Step-by-step text and photographs that kids can read and follow on their own mean they will be knitting independently in no time! Also included is a chapter on stocking your toolbox and sourcing yarn; plus advice on starting a knitting group, connecting with local knitting communities, charity knitting, and more.
Creativity for Kids Quick Knit Loom – Teaches Beneficial Skills and Creativity – Easy to Use – For Ages 7 and Up
- TEACHES CREATIVITY: Studies show that children’s imaginative abilities are most effectively employed when they’re given freedom within a limited topic. The Creativity for Kids Quick Knit Loom is an open yet structured area for developing creativity. Visionary and innovative young minds will delight with this playset.
- EASY TO USE: Unlike traditional knitting or crochet, this Quick Knit Loom is easy to use. There are no special skills required, simply wind the yarn counterclockwise around the looms then flip the yarn loops to create quick and easy fashions!
- KNIT TRENDY ITEMS: With a large circle loom and a two-sided hand loom you have all the tools necessary to create whatever chic objects you want! Make a cute beanie, a fashionable purse, or anything else you can think of!
- SPECIFICATIONS: Package includes (3) skeins of yarn (totaling 90 yards), (1) hand loom, (1) large circular loom, (3) assorted needles, and assorted buttons and beads. Please note: Product contains sharp points, for ages 7 and up.
- Knit and Store Lap Desk, Includes 2 Looms to Make Hats, Scarves and more exciting projects.
- Bright Colored Yarn, Specialty Glitter Metall, c and Eyelash Yarn
- Includes 2 Looms.
To read more on teaching children to knit and knitting for kids, click here.